Alphonse Mucha’s romanticized images of women in diaphanous gowns were wildly popular at the end of the 19th century. His advertising posters and calendars for a variety of goods featured beautiful young women in “Mucha style,” later known as art nouveau. Mucha became an overnight sensation in 1894 when his poster for a performance by Sarah Bernhardt hit the streets of Paris. The poster was so popular that collectors cut them down with razors. Thirteen of Mucha’s decorative prints are reproduced in this calendar.
12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Pomegranate’s calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.