Across cultures and generations, bicycles have long promised adventure and freedom, progress and hope. Their popularity blossomed in the late 1800s, coinciding with the rise of lithography and lavishly illustrated posters. With stylish typography and eye-catching compositions, artists of the day emphasized the pleasures and practicalities of cycling. The 12 colorful posters reproduced in this calendar celebrate the bicycle in advertisements from Peugeot, Terrot & Company, and Liberator, as well as the Psycho Cycles by Starley Bro’s.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Pomegranate’s calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with Swann Auction Galleries
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.