“See Britain by train!” High-style vintage travel posters encouraged visits to England’s historic landmarks, rolling hills, and tranquil waterways while enjoying the comforts and speed of rail travel. Artists helped transform the image of travel throughout the United Kingdom, especially after World War II, tempting would-be vacationers out of the cities to spend leisure time in such idyllic destinations as the Malverns and Stratford-upon-Avon. The 12 posters reproduced in this calendar are a robust sampling of railway advertising output spanning 1930 to 1960.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Pomegranate’s calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with Swann Auction Galleries
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.